I feel it in my fingers; I feel it in my toes. Yep, there’s no ignoring the fact that Valentines Day is around the corner. Love it or loathe it, single or loved-up, there’s some great stuff going on. We say put back that M&S meal deal, embrace your inner romantic and get out there.
Our Production Assistant Sofia picks her favourite Valentine’s ideas for the week:
- Love heights? 10 February: Sip champers and watch Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet on Level 69 of The Shard at London’s highest film screening. If you have enough of Leonardo, you can always enjoy the view.
- Looking for love? 10 February: It’s singles night at our very own Swingers. Impress with your putting or wow with an albatross and you’re in time to secure yourself a date for the big day.
- Not really feeling the love? 13 February: Bohemian City at the Museum of London Lates looks a good alternative to all the smooch. Where else are you going to find a Trans-Siberian marching band? Go with a lover, a friend, or yourself.
- In lurve? 14 February: Topping our wish list, a treasure hunt adventure. Secret date club promises toasted marshmallows, cocktails, secret tasks and lots of lovely quality time with your other half. There’s not many places so book quick.
- Love yourself. 14 February: If you’d rather ignore the whole thing, you could give Pig Out a whirl. Loud music, communal tables, a feast of nose-to-tail eating, and a gramophone.
- Love whisky. And licking? 14 February: Go to Bompass and Par’s anatomical whisky tasting and you’ll find yourself licking different vintage whiskies from the bodies of performers who are the same age as the drink, while they tell you the story of their life.
Next up – our predictions and tips for the best of the 2015 festival season…